Massive link dump
I've been meaning to post these links for the better part of a week. The first set is related to Yegge's The Next Big Language post, which was great. Here are some links I found via that post that looked interesting, in no particular order.
- The SuperCollider Home Page
- Tamarin Project
- Frank Hecker: Adobe, Mozilla, and Tamarin
- Neko VM and langnuage
- The Free Lunch Is Over: A Fundamental Turn Toward Concurrency in Software
- EdTechDev: F3: New statically typed scripting language for java client development
- Intentional Software
Seth beat me to commenting on Yegge's The Pinocchio Problem rant, so go read what he had to say about it. Yegge's rant was over a month ago, I've just been to busy to finish reading the beast in its entirety and getting to a response.
Here are some links to other pages I've kept open in browser tabs all week waiting for an opportunity to dump them here...
- Grails ("coding by convention" for Groovy)
- Dee (relational extensions to Python)
- Connected Flow: Appcasting (re: Sparkle)
- Cocoa Dev Central: Learn Cocoa II (pretty graphics == comfort)
- Lifehacker: Encrypt your web browsing session (with an SSH SOCKS proxy)
- Tracks (Rails app re: GTD)
- 901am: Google to rule the Earth (re: AI development, Skynet anyone?)
- Red Sweater: C Is The New Assembly and the excellent response by bbum
Some more programming resources that I've found lately, most are probably from digg or reddit:
- thePeoplesToolbox: Programming Tools
- The C Book
- Dictionary of Algorithms and Data Structures
- Ruby Cheatsheet
- Advanced Linux Programming (free PDF of book)
And out of left field, some amazing Zelda music... even if you're not a Zelda fan I'm sure you'd find this music excellent: ZREO. Ah darnit, it looks like their server is down right now, but I'll link anyway.