via Memepool... Expatriation Frequently Asked Questions (more info)

This is wild. Apparently you can legally get out of paying income tax by expatriating from the United States. (but you're still a citizen and can still vote, etc)

Update: This is almost certainly a hoax, but it's been interesting to read through some of the US law nonetheless. ;-)

Update June 26, 2003: Twice now I have received strange emails from people referring to the thing I've put x's in above. I'm marking up that word so that google (as soon as it reindexes my site) longer returns my pages for searches on that word, hopefully I won't receive any more weird email related to it.

Written on October 19, 2001