It's Thanksgiving in Canada today. Here's what I'm thankful for... I know I'll miss something, but I'm thankful whoever I forget will forgive me. :-)
- I'm thankful for having a healthy, beautiful daughter and wife who love me.
- I'm thankful that if all goes to plan, I'll have a beautiful son by the end of January. (Yes, Cheryl's pregnant, I just haven't mentioned it here before. We're very quiet about these things because we've had two miscarriages, and nothing is worse than telling people that news)
- I'm thankful my family is healthy and so generous to us.
- I'm thankful my friends are healthy and also so very kind and generous to me and my family.
- I'm thankful I have a job I love, and that I work with great people, great technology, great code, and am given great tasks. I work to live, not the other way around, but it's still great to enjoy my job.
- I'm thankful I have this web site. It's a crucial outlet in my life.
- I'm thankful that people read this site and share their opinions and knowledge with me and my friends. If you only knew how much it truly means to me that you're here. Thank you.
- I'm thankful the attendant didn't leave the parkade when it closed at 6:30 tonight so I could get my car out and not be locked out of my apartment tonight. ;-> I picked up the car at twenty-to-seven. PHEW!
- I'm thankful there is a glorious alternative to using Microsoft Windows and that it comes with great development tools, which are also a crucial outlet in my life.
- I'm thankful, and infinitely grateful that an uncountable number of men and women freely gave their lives so that I and my family might have freedom, liberty, and a long, prosperous life. A blessing that can not be understated.
Written on October 9, 2001